We want you or your child to enjoy your time with us, so below is some helpful information that will guide you through our terms and conditions.
Teaching Policies, Procedures and Parental Responsibilities: -
- Aquanauts will try its upmost to place participants on their preferred day and lesson time, subject to availability.
- The lesson day, start time, duration and location will be as agreed between us. All lessons will start promptly at the agreed start time. If you arrive late to the pool the lesson will not be extended and will end at the agreed end time.
- We will try to accommodate any request to change the day and start time, but this shall be at our discretion and we shall not be obliged to provide any credit or refund where we are not able to accommodate your request.
- Aquanauts will endeavor to provide temporary Swimming Instructors, in the event of an instructors absence. Should an instructor not be found Aquanauts reserve the right to join up lessons if this is considered appropriate, in order to avoid cancelling the lesson.
- Aquanauts reserve the right to replace Swimming Instructors when necessary.
- Swimming Instructors are only responsible for participants during their swimming lesson. Parents/guardians are responsible at all other times. The swimming lesson commences when the Swimming Instructor accepts charge of the participant and concludes when the lesson is finished.
- All children over the age of 8 years must use the same sex changing rooms. Where applicable family changing rooms can be used.
- A parent/guardian must remain on the premises whilst a child, under the age of 16, has a lesson.
- Only 1 parent/guardian is permitted to sit on poolside during their child’s swimming lesson. Prior permission is required for additional spectators. Spectators are not permitted to use the leisure club facilities.
- Participants and parents/guardians are permitted to be on poolside 5minutes prior to a lesson commencing and must vacate poolside within 5 minutes on completion of a lesson.
- Use of the leisure facilities prior to or on completion of the lesson is not permitted, unless the appropriate monies have been paid to the Health Club. Under no circumstance are children under the age of 16 permitted to use the swimming pool without an appropriate guardian, over the age of 16, being in the pool with them.
- All participants must be signed in at the reception, prior to the lesson commencing. Any participant under the age of 16 must be signed in by a parent/guardian.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you or your child is medically safe to swim. We will not be liable for any accidents or injuries arising from swimming with us that relate to your individual medical conditions.
- Strictly no outdoor footwear is to be worn on poolside. All spectators are required to wear blue shoe covers, which are provided. Under no circumstances are high heels to be worn on poolside.
- Aquanauts and the Pool Operator are not responsible or liable for any loss, theft or damage to personal property left within the leisure facilities.
- All teachers are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) enhanced checked and have a nationally recognised swimming teaching and lifesaving qualification.
- Aquanauts Swimming Academy Ltd is an ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) registered swimming school.
- All Aquanauts staff are issued with a branded uniform for them to wear during swimming lessons.
- In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling or other associate refusing to obey an instructor or a member of staff, or behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff, or any other person or causing damage to pool premises, or any of the furniture, fixtures or equipment in those premises, the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with lessons. Aquanauts shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer. The swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organised by Aquanauts Swimming Academy Ltd.
- There must be no recording, filming or photographic equipment including mobile phones with camera facilities used in the club. This is in accordance with the club and child protection rules.
Payment and Enrolment:-
- Aquanauts lesson terms consist of 4 consecutive weeks.
- All Aquanauts lesson terms must be pre-paid by the participant/parent before the first lesson commences. Lesson payments are accepted via internet card payment (PayPal), Bank transfer or cheque. Please see Aquanauts website for further details and payment options. Payments cannot be made on site or to the instructors.
- Aquanauts reserve the right to offer lesson places to new participants, should payment not be received.
- Term times will be detailed on the Aquanauts website and we will also endeavor to issue email/text messages to confirm the start of a new term. Payment will need to be made prior to the first term lesson, with payment confirming reservation of the participants place.
- Term payments will be amended to allow for participants holidays. Holidays must be made known to Aquanauts prior to the new term commencing and before payment has been made. Lesson payments will not be refunded retrospectively and no refunds will be provided if Aquanauts have not been made aware of the holiday before the new term has commenced.
Pool Closure and Cancelled Lessons:-
- In the event of a pool closure, Aquanauts will make every attempt to contact participants, parents or guardians by email or text, as soon as possible.
- All Parents/guardians are encouraged to supply Aquanauts with a mobile telephone number and email address for quick communication and information updates.
- In the unusual event of pool closure, a credit note will be given in lieu for cancelled lessons.
- There are no refunds for non-attendance or due to participant’s sickness.
- We respect your need for privacy and will keep any information that you share with us in confidence. We record your personal information only if you provide it to us when expressing an interest in our services.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Exclusion of Liability:-
- In the absence of any proven negligence, lack of due diligence or breach of duty by your instructor; Aquanauts or its employees, the participation of you; your spouse/partner, child or those in who’s care you have placed your child, for the purpose of attending or observing Aquanauts swimming lessons, is done so entirely at your and their own risk.
Changes to Terms and Conditions:-
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
The content of all the pages on this website are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither Aquanauts Swimming Academy Ltd nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or material on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet you specific requirements.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.